While music videos are not music, there are cases where:
- the video is tightly associated with the piece,
- fans need explanations about the video's meaning (with regards the meaning of the song)
- we are just interested about the history behind it.
Examples of such questions are:
- How is it that we have a music video for Pink Floyd's "Arnold Layne" since music videos were uncommon at that time?
- Who is the woman who appears at Chicago's "Stay the night" music video?
- What is the connection between video an lyrics in REM's "Losing my religion"?
I think there are many questions about music videos worth asking, but, because music video has so dominated the music industry, we should draw a line so that this site will not end up by being about music videos.
What do you think?