Before posting my question, first, I had to write all details that I vaguely can remember about that theme song that I heard on radio, TV, or any other media.
Usually, when I'm trying to identify some song:
- I try remember part of the lyrics and/or the music style, genre, artist etc.
- Search in Google, YouTube, etc.
- Posting a very-vague question on Yahoo!
- Using software for music identification (like Shazam) if the song may appear again or if I have recorded the sample.
- If maybe I heard the song on radio, I try to send a message to radio station, but they usually don't answer those questions...
If after those steps, I was unable for find the song. I'm more orientated to post my question in a music site.
I must recognize that not all users follow these steps before make questions in any of the Stack Exchange sites. The provided details produces low quality questions that may be closed and without the help of the community of the site, it would be difficult that those users go back again.
Checking in another Stack Exchange sites like Android Enthusiasts, there exist a very comprehensive question and answer about a very common question requested by the users:
How do I root my Android device?
So, my question is:
May exist a question (with his accepted answer) about how to get better results about music identification?
In that way, that question would be used as a guidance for help new users.