What should I do to improve my identification question?
Here are some tips for help you to improve your question:
Search in Google using terms like:
- Part of the lyrics. Here you can specify the language (if you known) of the song you're looking for.
- Name of the artist(s).
- Music cover image, describing it or if you have the image, you can add it too.
- Music genre (rock, pop, reggae, jazz...).
- When did you listen the song or if you can date the year of production.
- Where do you listen the song (radio station, commercial, etc) or where you did watch the video (YouTube, etc.).
- If you have listened a similar theme, you can add the similarities with the music you're looking for.
- Any other term or details that you can remember about the song.
If Google didn't return results, use any of the following websites or other sites dedicated for search music using also the terms mentioned above:
When searching, search beyond page one, trust me, maybe your answer is at page 2 or even page 3 (this is specially true in Youtube, so many videos...) :)
If you have a record sample, use software for music identification (like Shazam or SoundHound) or keep those programs at hand for the next time the song may appear again.
If you heard the song in radio station or any other commercial media, try to contact them via email, Twitter, et cétera.
With the results that you have gotten so far and adding info like:
Discarded similar themes: let's say that I found 3 samples in Youtube that sound similar, but they're not the song I'm looking for.
Covers: let's say that I found the song, but it's interpreted by a male singer, but you remember that the original singer was actually a woman.
You have already improve your question massively. good luck and we hope help you to give you accurate answers!
If you have indeed found the song, congratulations!, we invite you to answer your own question and so, other users will recognize your results and will enjoy listen music that they may not listened before.