Stack Exchange, the company, has behaved atrociously and has pilloried one of its elected moderators in the press. Please help her raise the necessary funds to defend herself from the company: Defend Monica from Defamation by Stack Overflow .
Elected moderator on Unix & Linux.
I've been using Linux since the late '90s and have gone through a variety of distributions. At one time or another, I've been a user of Mandrake, SuSe, openSuSe, Fedora, RedHat, Ubuntu, Mint, Linux Mint Debian Edition (basically Debian testing but more green) and, for the past few years, Arch.
My Linux expertise, such as it is, is mostly on manipulating text and regular expressions since that represents a large chunk of my daily work.
Member for 4 years, 9 months
1 profile view
Last seen Feb 14 at 17:59
- Unix & Linux♦ 172.4k 172.4k 4444 gold badges331331 silver badges524524 bronze badges
- Ask Ubuntu 81.9k 81.9k 1515 gold badges164164 silver badges255255 bronze badges
- Super User 46.5k 46.5k 1111 gold badges105105 silver badges156156 bronze badges
- English Language & Usage 20k 20k 1414 gold badges7070 silver badges116116 bronze badges
- Meta Stack Exchange 18.1k 18.1k 55 gold badges3838 silver badges6868 bronze badges
- View network profile
Top network posts
- 1100 How can I replace a string in a file(s)?
- 819 How can I replace a string in a file(s)?
- 627 Firing Community Managers: Stack Exchange is not interested in cooperating with the community, is it?
- 412 What are the shell's control and redirection operators?
- 299 What are the shell's control and redirection operators?
- 239 Firing mods and forced relicensing: is Stack Exchange still interested in cooperating with the community?
- 221 We need "assume good intent" back in the Code of Conduct
- View more network posts →